Tupperware is a top-rated company which sells kitchen utility and Foodware globally. They primarily dominate the markets in America and Canada. Earl Tupper is the founder of Tupperware, and his idea was to create Foodware, which was lightweight and non-breakable. We are sure you have come across the colourful range of products Tupperware has to offer and also used them at some point in your life.
Over the years, Tupperware has expanded by leaps and bounds. One of their main strategies that have paved the way for massive success is recruiting women to carry out sales at their convenience and receive a handsome commission.
Wondering about the strategy Tupperware follows for marketing? Curious to know how to make money with Tupperware and if yes, then how much? You have landed on the apt article. During this article, we will review the Multi-Level marketing strategy of Tupperware in detail. Additionally, we will also guide you on how to start earning with Tupperware or similar companies.
Name of the company: Tupperware
Founder: Earl Tupper
You can earn a decent income by enrolling in Tupperware’s multi-level marketing program by selling their products to earn a commission or by recruiting more people to do the same. The method is legitimate and useful, but you cannot make a bountiful income with Tupperware. In the final phase of the article, we will tell you about an exciting opportunity to help you generate a high-income.
The following steps will give you a crystal-clear insight into the working mechanism at Tupperware:
- Step 1: The first and foremost step is to join Tupperware in the capacity of a consultant. You can do so by purchasing the virtual kit which comprises various digital tools and a personal website. You will have to pay $15 for the kit. Subsequently, you can purchase the business kit at $60, and you will receive products worth $250.
- Step 2: For the second step, you will have to utilize social and organizational skills. Essentially you have to plan events where you can get your peers and social circle together. The aim of doing this is to display the products which they can purchase via you. For every sale you execute, you will receive 25% commission. It is strictly performance-based, so your earning capacity is reckoning on your networking skills.
- Step 3: If you are yearning to earn more, you should recruit other individuals as consultants. The fresh consultants will similarly promote the products, and for every sale they make you will receive 4-6% commission which is independent of the 25% commission they receive.
Is Tupperware incorporating a pyramid scheme?
No, Tupperware isn’t a pyramid scheme. The company is legitimate, and it follows multi-level marketing to sell real products. Pyramid schemes are essentially those firms that recruit new people in an endless cycle of recruitments without buying anything purposive.
Can you make money selling Tupperware products?
Yes, you can make money selling Tupperware products. The remuneration you will receive as a consultant is unsubstantial. In the section, you will get all the details of impending earnings.
How much money can you earn with Tupperware?
The average estimate suggests that a person would make approximately $653 per annum. This figure is accurate for about 95% of the employees at Tupperware. There are less than 1% of people in the firm who make over $9,978 per annum.
It is challenging to earn lucrative amounts because your work is reliant on engaging with prospective customers face-to-face. If you are keen on earning more, then make sure to check out the last section of this article.
It would be commendable if you consider becoming a Tupperware consultant part-time and not making this the primary income source.
Outline of the compensation scheme at Tupperware
As a consultant, you will get three different types of commissions which are as follows:
- Commission from Personal Sales: You will get 25% commission on every sale you carry out. If you can make $500 over four successional months, you will get the title of an “active consultant”. Once you are in the post of an active consultant, you will get discounts on sample products and hire other consultants who will open more opportunities to earn money.
- Bonuses: You have to achieve various benchmarks to avail the bonuses. For instance, if you attain more than $1200 on sales, you will be eligible for 5% additional bonus. If you earn more than $3200 on sales, then you will reap a 10% bonus. It is quite challenging to accomplish these targets because Tupperware products might come off as a little pricey for some people, so you are always on the hunt for new customers.
- Commission from Recruit’s sales: Once you become an active consultant and bring fresh consultants on board, you are eligible to receive an additional commission of 4-8% on every sale the Recruit’s make. It is solely based on the performance of people you recruit, so try to get people with good networking skills on board.
Is the money worth the effort?
Many people often question if investing time and effort on Tupperware is worth the compensation you receive. Well, the answer to this question is purely based on your perspective. If you are satisfied with earning $653 per annum like the 95% of employees at Tupperware, then all is well for you.
If you are not happy with this remuneration, then stick with us to the end of the article to discover exciting opportunities to generate more revenue online.
How to sell the products?
The chief way of selling products is through organizing events and parties at your place and calling over friends, family and acquaintances to have a look at them. If you are hosting the event elsewhere, you will have to travel and carry the products to the event’s venue.
Selling the products online
One of the best assets of working with Tupperware is the website you will get to sell products from Tupperware and other companies. The digital industry is ever-expanding, and you can reach a wider audience with an online presence. The number of sales is going to see a significant rise after you start working on the website.
What amount of money do you require to invest in joining Tupperware?
You have to pay a trivial amount of $15 to join Tupperware and get your hands on the virtual kit. Additionally, you will be required to invest $60 for the business kit to acquire products worth $250. You will have to buy these before making sales. You will have to bear the expenses of organizing events and parties. Plus there is the cost of making phone calls or dropping messages to clients.
Pros and Cons
The best way to decide if it is worth joining a company is to weigh out the pros and cons. We have made a comprehensive list of all the advantages and disadvantages of working with Tupperware for your reference.
- The company is ancient and has consistently maintained a good reputation because of quality products and diligent customer service.
- Many companies disguise pyramid schemes in MLM, but Tupperware genuinely follows the MLM strategy to reach out to prospective customers and expand its reach.
- You will earn a decent commission as a consultant.
- You don’t have to achieve specific targets like many other companies to get remuneration. Tupperware will give the payment based on every sale. For instance, you cannot make a multitude of sales for a particular month; it is not like you will not get any money at all.
- There are a lot of resources to help you generate leads and sales. Additionally, a personal website is the biggest asset.
- The products are purchased only once or twice by the customers because it is not consumable like makeup. You always have to be on the look for new customers. However, it is not as bad as you think because almost everyone can become your prospective target. Foodware is a commodity used by almost everyone.
- The products aren’t affordable to everyone. You will have to find a certain gentry to sell the products.
- If you want your income to rise by multiple folds, you will have to recruit more people under you, but the problem is that you cannot control their performance. Make sure to check out the last section of this article to know the nonpareil way of making more money online.
- Human interaction is required for sales, and it might not be feasible to do that at all times due to a variety of reasons and prior commitments.
- Hosting get-togethers, parties and events will be an extra load for your pocket. You will have to spare a significant amount of time to plan, organize and host the parties.
- You will get a personal website from Tupperware to sell products. If you stop promoting Tupperware products, you will not be able to use the website, which means you cannot use it to drive sales for other companies’ products.
From the judgment above, we can conclude that they are a decent number of perks of working with Tupperware. It is imperative to realize that you cannot mint a lot of money by being a consultant and bearing extra costs for hosting gatherings and parties can be a little strenuous and overwhelming if you are an introvert.
Is the MLM opportunity right for you?
If you are good at driving sales and have a knack for hosting parties and events where you can advertise the products skillfully, this opportunity is a good fit for you. You will have to interact with many new people for the job because if you continuously approach your peers to buy Tupperware products, they might get a little paranoid.
It would require you to attend social gatherings and events to form new connections to generate sales and recruit new people. Also, you should have some amount of savings to invest in the parties and events. Based on these facts, you can now judge if you are the perfect fit for this opportunity.
Usually, MLM consultants can turn to the people who recruited them for assistance. These recruiters are referred to as representatives. Additionally, you can also contact Tupperware by sending them a mail.
Is Tupperware’s MLM opportunity legitimate?
Yes. Tupperware is a legitimate and reputable company. The MLM opportunity is also authorized and lawful. The commissions are decent. It is highly dependent on your performance and the effort you take to organize events and reach out to new people.
If you are not satisfied with Tupperware’s commission amount or are merely looking for other sources to generate hard cash, then read the next section of the article vigilantly.
A fruitful alternative to MLMs
You can earn commission by advertising other’s products, but there is a different business model which you can incorporate to earn more competently. This model is called affiliate marketing, and in this section, we will tell you all about it. Additionally, we will also suggest you the best resource on the internet to start Affiliate marketing.
There is a sharp difference between MLMs and affiliate marketing. If you are involved in MLM for a particular company, you will have to put increased efforts in the long run to maintain the income. In contrast, affiliate marketing provides you with a vast assortment of opportunities. If you are practising affiliate marketing, you can have a consistent income without putting extra hours of work.
Another disadvantage of MLMs is that you are dependent on a particular company for income. Imagine if the company shuts down overnight, you will lose everything and require you to start from scratch. Instead, if you are into affiliate marketing, you are promoting several companies’ products and the source of your income is diversified.
Even if one of the sources is disrupted due to unforeseen reasons you can rely on the others for a sustainable income. Furthermore, there are many perks of affiliate marketing which we have curated in a list below for your reference:
- You decide the number of hours you want to dedicate for the work. Since almost all of the work you do will be online, you can choose the timings and the place of work.
- There is a substantial chance that your earnings could increase by putting in the same number of hours, which is unfeasible in the case of MLM.
- You don’t have to bear additional expenses at parties or utilize your time to call friends and relatives.
- The reach and engagement you can attain digitally are gigantic. The model is far more scalable.
- It could be tiresome working long hours with no affordability to take breaks. Affiliate marketing gives you the space to take out some me-time.
- This method is beginner-friendly. So if you are entirely new to the concept, you don’t have to lose sleep or get worked up.
Another crucial aspect of affiliate marketing you need to remember is to build a home for your business to ensure sustainability. By home, we mean that you have to create a website to accommodate your affiliate marketing business.
You don’t require any former technical knowledge to create a website. You can get your very own website within seconds and below we have provided you with all the necessary details to get started.
Where to start?
To begin your affiliate marketing venture, we will share the following three crucial details with you:
- A detailed and beginner-friendly guide to kicking off your venture
- A friendly website developing a tool to help you create an attractive domain within seconds without any prior technical requisites
- A social community to help you interact with like-minded people, grow your network for possible future business transactions and to facilitate learning through a peer-to-peer method
All the three things mentioned above are available at a consolidated place. Wealthy Affiliates is the messiah of your affiliate marketing journey, and it has helped numerous successful people in the industry reach colossal heights.
Wealthy Affiliates Training Program
The first stage of the training program is core training. It consists of five levels, and there are ten video lectures at every level. All in all, you will be watching a total of fifty video lectures. Additionally, you will have to carry out one-hundred sixty-nine tasks.
There are different memberships you can claim, such as starter membership and premium membership. If you opt for the starter membership, you will get ten video lectures for free, which correspond to the first training level.
You will discover the following things in your tenure as a starter member:
- An opportunity to learn the entire process of affiliate marketing from the grassroots level and mint money online.
- You will get the opportunity to discover various niches and choose the one that suits you the best. Niche is a domain which can be your hobby, profession, skill or anything which you find fascinating. The critical point to remember while selecting your niche is that you should have plenty of well-researched and compelling content to write.
- Determining the domain name for the niche you have selected
- Setting up your WordPress domain for free and working towards building a full-fledged website. WordPress offers different plans to its users. You can pick from personal, premium, business, and eCommerce plans.
- You will learn about analyzing different keywords and picking out the best ones to help your articles acquire the first few spaces on the Search Engine Result Page (SERP).
- Choosing different themes and experimenting with colour, font and elements to give an attractive look to your website.
- Further, you will develop the main page and create additional pages. Once the pages are created, you have to link them together for Google to understand your website’s structure better.
- The last and most vital stage is choosing high-paying and profit-making affiliate programs and signing up with them.
If you promote to the premium membership, you will learn in abundance about affiliate marketing, making you proficient in the industry. Here are the key takeaways from the next four level of training:
- You will learn how to use powerful keywords effectively in your content to generate more leads. Also, we are delighted to tell you that the keyword tool is free of cost.
- The quality of the content you develop should be second to none. It would help if you avoided grammatical mistakes at all costs and to make this simpler for you, Wealthy Affiliates will introduce you to a tool which will help you rectify the articles.
- The visual representation can attract many prospective clients, and with Wealthy Affiliates, you will know how to make the excellent use of graphs, charts, and multiple visuals.
- It is almost everyone’s dream to get ranked in the first few spots on the Search Engine Results Page (SERP), and with Wealthy Affiliates, you can bring this dream to life. Many websites used paid advertisements to attract clients, but you can learn how to use organic methods effectively to increase the visitor count. It will help you save a ton of money.
- Finding premium quality affiliate products can be super challenging. Wealthy affiliates will provide you access to a pool of over a million affiliate products. So get ready to drive the affiliate sales for handsome commissions.
- It is highly crucial to track the data of your website over time. Wealthy affiliates will help you learn how to use Google analytics and related tools to keep track of your website so that you know the areas where improvement is needed.
- Finally, you have the opportunity to become the boss of your affiliate marketing business. You can start recruiting other people to carry out the tasks under your guidance and take your business to the next level.
Pricing Details for Wealthy Affiliates
As mentioned earlier, the starter membership is free of cost. It is one of the reasons why Wealthy Affiliates are trustworthy. You can examine their program for free and analyze for yourself if it is worth it.
The premium membership is paid, and you can opt for either of the two payment cycles. The first one requires you to pay $49 per month. However, there is an attractive discount here provided you take up premium membership within a week of the starter membership. In this situation, you will have to pay $19 for the first month. For the subsequent months, it will be $49.
You can likewise opt for the annual subscription, which is a one-time payment. It requires you to pay $495 per year, which roughly comes down to $41 per month.
Support at Wealthy Affiliates
A community of almost two million members would mean that you won’t get a chance to interact with the founders, but you are highly mistaken. The founders of Wealthy Affiliates are kings of the industry. They are constantly around to answer your questions and educate you more about the latest industry trends through tutorials.
In case you do not hear from them, you will find the solutions to your queries and doubts from other members and experts. The community engagement is well-appreciated at Wealthy Affiliates, and the atmosphere is quite optimistic.
To sum it all up
Wealthy Affiliates is not an MLM or a pyramid scheme. It is a platform to support affiliate marketers by teaching them requisite skills to flourish in their businesses. It is way more fun and enjoyable than MLM because you have the power to choose the products you want to promote. You can operate at your pace and still maintain a sustainable income.
We hope this piece helped you in understanding multi-level marketing at Tupperware and affiliate marketing. Our advice for you: don’t prolong the decision any further and sign up with Wealthy Affiliates immediately to get your affiliate marketing journey going!